In case your LG Tribute Empire acts abnormally or you are unable to get access to the home screen, there are few ways to encounter this issue.
If some 3rd party downloaded app is causing the trouble then Safe mode can be used to identify that app.
In case you are locked down on your Tribute Empire due to a forgotten screen lock, then recovery mode comes to the rescue.
If the issue is even bigger and your phone is bricked, stuck in a boot loop or firmware update got stuck, then Download Mode can be used to flash the stock firmware.
Let’s check out these modes of troubleshooting one by one, starting with the Recovery Mode –
How to put LG Tribute Empire in Recovery Mode
If you’re locked out on your Tribute Empire due to a forgotten screen lock (PIN, Pattern or Password), then the only option left is to recover the phone using the recovery mode.
To put your Tribute Empire into the recovery mode
- Power off your phone.
- Press the Volume UP + Power button to turn on the phone.
- When the LG Logo appears on the screen (or when the phone vibrates), release the power button and hold it once again.
- Keep holding the Power & Volume UP key until your phone boots into recovery mode.
- Recovery Mode is the Factory Data Reset screen with a white background as shown above.
- Touch doesn’t work in the recovery mode. We have to move UP & Down via Volume rocker and select an option using the power button
- Move from “N0 (Exit)” to “Yes” with the Volume Down Key and select the “Yes” option with the Power Button.
Repeat the above steps. Again Move down from No (Exit) to Yes and select with power key.
This step will initiate the hard reset process. The phone will erase and reboot to the Welcome screen of the setup wizard.
To check out how to reset an LG Tribute Empire please check out the below post –
LG Tribute Empire Hard Reset, Soft Reset, Factory Reset & Network Settings Reset.
How to put LG Tribute Empire in Download Mode
If the issue is more severe and cannot be fixed with a Hard Reset then Download Mode comes to the rescue. We can flash a stock Tribute Empire Firmware via Download Mode.
If your phone is bricked, stuck in a boot loop or stuck during a system update, a stock firmware can fix such issues. We can also download mode to upgrade the android firmware on Tribute Empire.
To put your Tribute Empire into Download Mode
- Power off your phone.
- Grab a Micro USB Cable and turn on your PC.
- Press the Volume UP key on your phone and connect one end of the USB cable to the phone.
- Keep the Volume key pressed and connect the other end of the Cable to the computer.
- The phone must be now in the download mode.
- Download Mode is the Firmware Update Screen with a Black Background.
Learn how to flash stock firmware on LG Tribute Empire via Download Mode –
LG Tribute Empire Firmware Update
How to put LG Tribute Empire in Safe Mode
Safe mode is quite different from Recovery Mode & Download Mode. It’s not a different partition.
As all the downloaded apps are disabled in Safe Mode, we can use this mode to detect a malicious app causing trouble.
If the issue you were facing is gone when in safe mode, then its definitely due to a downloaded app that should be uninstalled.
To put your Tribute Empire into Safe Mode
- Long-Press the Power Button located at the back of the phone
- Long-Press the “Power off” option and a new option appears on the screen i.e. Safe Mode.
- Tap “TURN ON” to reboot the phone into Safe Mode.
We are now in the Safe Mode. Widgets are disabled in the Safe Mode
The Pre-Installed Apps such as Amazon Shopping, Facebook & Prime Video are available in the Safe Mode.
However, none of the downloaded 3rd party apps are visible.
We can use the safe mode to uninstall an app by Going to Settings < General Tab < Apps & Notifications < App Info
Select the app which you wish to uninstall. By trial and error, we can detect the culprit app.
I can access the pre-installed Amazon & Facebook app in Safe Mode.
To turn off Safe Mode on Tribute Empire
- Pull down the notification bar.
- Tap “Safe Mode is On” as shown above.
- Now hit “TURN OFF” to reboot the phone into normal mode.
For any query related to an LG Tribute Device, feel free to leave a comment below.